Thursday, January 23, 2014

And so it goes...




It is funny how the world chews on you a little here and there before they really push you hard.

Life is good as I am reminded every day during my daily calls to my Granny.  YES daily, sometimes 3 times per day I call my granny.  I save all her nutty voice messages too and I do love her, but it is becoming obvious she is getting older.  I don’t mean the replacing body parts type of older I mean the she will die in the next 5 years older.

It is sad my younger children will never know the tough broad like my older son.  I tell him all the time how lucky he was to have the time he has had with His Great Grandmother (granny) and my parents, not matter how annoying they all are and can be at times.

My granny reminds me to keep calm and carry on …  Because all men are dumb asses.  Like it is an excuse to be stupid and rude or something?  I will admit I was blessed with such a great daddy and grandfather that my expectations are high when it comes to the grown up penis’s.  Yes that is what I call them because they are all the same to me now, a penis.  Some big some small but I have reduced them to their genitals.  Whatever, there are three in my house plus two dogs and they all make a mess, act and are super sensitive all the time. 

SO not to sound like a man hating B word, but the older I get the more numb I am to the need of having penis’s around.

SO this week has been fun, I get to micro manage my older son’s ass for the next three months.  Apparently the reason his father kicked him out was because he wasn’t going to school and lying all the time.  Well I don’t get rid of tough cases, I smile and squeeze them tighter.  That’s what you are supposed to do right? 

I have put GPS tracking on his phone, I show up randomly at his work or school or wherever to say hello and make sue he knows I know…  HAHAHA!  I made a calendar with report in times and dates so we can do homework together and laugh about our friends.  (sarcasm) But really he has not killed me yet so we are doing great.  He is still more of a help than anyone else in the house, and his friends think I am an angel so I win! 

It is like I said you don’t leave the ones you love you fight for them, and my older son needs someone to fight for him.  I could not believe his father and stepmother in 4 years never, not even once, went to his school.  I have been there 4 times in the last two weeks.

My 4 year old is nuts, he just says “no” to everything and only does what you ask if you threaten him.  NICE, Huh?  I am hoping it is a phase, or a sign that he wants to be a litigation attorney…

I have 20  more credits left on my BS degree.  I know I am graduation from an online school and I might not ever use the two degrees I have in paralegal studies or environmental policy.  But I did it, for what it is worth I did it!

I still dream about being independent from the guy I now have two kids with.  I wish I was a successful women with money to burn and live away from this alone with my kids.  That is all I ever wanted.  But like we have learned, my path is being a mother, not a wealthy success. 

This week is coming to a close and I need to get back to me, I hope to find time Saturday.  In the mean time  this day shall be as wonderful as the next.  My life is blessed I am trying to focus on that. 

Well that and my next project for my professional life.  I need to do something new so I can buy my baby girl all the dresses she want!

Talk to you soon Isabelle…





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.