Life has gotten back to dull and boring again. I am still pregers, still at home and still waiting to find a job. It is funny how the one thing I prayed for, for two years straight is the last thing still pending. I used to go to Grace Cathedral in San Francisco almost everyday praying for a normal long term everyday JOB. I have been given many things over the last two years and none have them have been a JOB. Now don’t get me wrong having a child, getting married, all the other things are wonderful. But it is ironic that the song is somehow right once again and you can’t always get what you want, but you always get what you need. I just like having my own money my own paycheck, my own ability to provide for myself and work hard.
Instead of continuing the never-ending battle of employment and the same circle of searching I have tried a new approach. Volunteer work for the city of San Francisco. I advise small business owners and the city employees on how to deal with tenant commercial lease disputes and renewals. It seems as though the city small business owners are under crisis with dealing or understanding their lease obligations. Unlike the residential community who have a tenant union or the DRE to contact. The commercial tenants have little to zero resources when it comes to finding help with negotiating their leases. Well at least free help, if you can afford an attorney you will be fine, due to the fact commercial real estate tends to follow contract law.
Well at least I have school and the law library to keep me occupied. I am becoming more obsessive and panicky in my final months of pregnancy. I hope it goes away with the enormous amount of weight I have gained. Until then I will laugh when thinking about employment in the future and start praying for anything but a JOB from now on….
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.