Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hopeful for Change and Possibilities


SO I have been to many different studios the past two months.  I have gone from 210 to 175 pounds since the birth of my Daughter.  Let me remind you I spent 1.5 months in the hospital with her after the birth. 

I start my Pilates Teacher Training in January 2015.  I am gong for it and really enjoy the simplicity of fitness after being in the legal/corporate world of commercial real estate.  It is nice to be nice to people and be happy in a gym. 

My main focus has been Pilates or Pilates with a twist and a little yoga her and their.  I was running and boxing too but had to back off due to a hip bursa issue.  I hope to be back on track after my cortisone injection next week.

I have tried Pilates ProWorks – I enjoy the TRX Pilates and regular Pilates Pro Workout the most.  They work the smaller muscles and really take the inches off. 

I am going to attend more classes at the Barre Method this next month, but find their classes extremely challenging.  Just think small movements and lots of ballet posses.  Great stuff and most the exercises my physical therapist recommends. 

I am trying a studio called Hipline, which mixes dance with fitness and looks fun.  It is a complete toss of Pilates, ballet, tap, jazz and zumba.  Lots of creativity from the instructors.

I enjoy the Barre classes a lot for smaller muscle control and toeing while the intense cardio Pilates classes get the sweat out.  I think with more running and I can drop the last 30 pounds in a few months. 

I feel stronger, more flexible and better all around.  I have been doing 1.5 hours per session of hot forest yoga.  It is a technic by Ann Forest.  (goggle it)  SO far it does what it claims to do, I release all kinds of crazy energy and feel re-energized.  It really increases my libido. 

I am slowly finishing my downstairs studio with ballet bar, springboard tower, TV (for videos), speakers, and all the standards like elliptical, weights, yoga mats etc.

It shouldn’t be much longer maybe a month or two to get it done.  Basically by the time I am finished with my groupons and tryouts at all the studios in town I will be ready to workout at home.

My daughter appointments are going well, and we are doing better.   Don’t get me wrong it is crazy how micro focused we are on her development.  It is like watching an ant under the magnify glass all the time.  She is such a trooper with all the appointments and stuff.  But it is paying off!  She is happy and doing well so far….  At five months she is almost sitting up, rolling form tummy to back and babbling like crazy.  WE JUST MIGHT BEAT THE ODDS HERE! 

Baby daddy is fine I am too distracted to care and glad to be busy.  I hope in the next three years to move into a bigger place and maybe even North Carolina or somewhere more reasonable than California.  Sure I would miss the produce and farmers markets or avocados, but geez, I could relax and not worry about the crime, cost of living, my kids education issues, traffic, and small yard.  Sometimes as you get older you love your roots, like where I grew up and being able to share that with my kids.  But then you think…. Maybe I can do better for them. Maybe they don’t need the violence and public school issues, constant protests, and the circus of the Bay Area.  Maybe they could see their father more if he actually only commuted 25 min., instead of 2.5 hours each way to work?  Maybe there is something better, regardless of what people say or think, California has its issues? I have been here all my life and I am tired of the fight.  Sure the weather is great, the opportunities are endless, and the art music culture and produce/ food is amazing.  But really who wants to live in 2000sqft house with a little back yard, bad schools, congestion, crime, and pay $850,000 to $2 million for it? 

Just a thought?  We can live anywhere, I can teach Pilates anywhere.  Their dad can go anywhere with his job, why not think about alternatives.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.