So, It has been a while to say the least, sometimes I think I feel I use this blog as a place to share sadness. In reality there are equal parts of greatness in my life as well.
I am on my own since last I wrote, with a dog, a beautiful 2 year old, a part-time job, and school, yes school I cannot believe my dream of collage is finally coming true!
It is a simple dream and I know things will become what I want them to be soon after I graduate.
I am in my last term for my AA in Paralegal Studies, I am graduating with honors too. I then go on to my BS in Legal Studies in an advanced degree program. This next year will be a true test of my focus and determination. I will also be taking on extra classes for my Brokers license, LSAT, and Paralegal Certification with the NALA.
If I were to make a plan I hope to find a Job in a law firm that can work as a paralegal while I finish a law degree. However, I will settle for making enough money to buy a big house and be able to take on some kids in the system. I once was lost and maybe I can help them not be like me. HAHA!
Today I was influenced to write again because I was reminded that I am here for a reason. I can influence others and give back without doing more than listening and sending my hope to them. Sometimes a little humanity can go for miles.
I look back and realize just a little over a year ago, I left my husband with my child and nothing more. No hope for the future, not knowing if I could make it work or how I would make it work. Starting over in my 30s once again.
Now I have a humble home, and a future, whatever it may be. I remember how angry I was just a year ago and how angry I have been in my life. I am not sure if that anger has left me or i finally found my path. Either way I am not angry anymore.
I feel like I returned to the little girl I was, who wrote in her diary about becoming an amazing attorney one day, in order to help all the children of the world.
Well, if I can just be an example of what positive thinking and hope can bring after tragedy has struck you down then an example is all I want to be.
On the kid front… I have not heard from my older son, and I have had to let go of my heart and need to love him while I hold on to hope that he finds his way back to me. My baby at 2 years old is starting to speak Spanish and he loves his mommy like he loves nothing else, we are inseparable. I treasure these moments and remember that in a blink of an eye it all can be taken away. My kids in whatever form are always with me. They are the air I breath the reason I want to be the best at everything, and remind me to have compassion and humanity when the world beats me down.
I have found my passion again and will write again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.