Sunday, November 9, 2014

Other People




Dear Isabelle I forget to tell….


So today was significant, and I did not forget I just shoved it down to get through my day… 

Most people look to me and think I am strong, that I’m unwavering, and not effected by attachments. 

Well lets say I am effected more deeply than anyone I know.  I just hide it better.

Today was the birthday of my cousin.  Another reminder of how fragile life is…. 

I watched him take his last breathe after 4 months of brain surgery.  He went into the hospital with migraines at age 21.  He took his last breath 4 months later when we pulled the plug and gave him peace.

He was brilliant, perfect, and eager to explore the world.  I feel these days more deeply than most.  I just keep them inside and hope the pain of the memories of what I have endured stay hidden. 

My brother
My cousin
My grandfather
My nephew
My friend
The children I know

You are the reason I run, the reason I remember….  FUCK CANCER

Goodnight to my kids who wont see another day, its you I want to remember today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.