SO I have been working from home with these two clients they
have startups and they only need a few hours here and there. They only issue is my unemployment ran out
and I have debt, bills, etc. Yup when
you don’t work you shop!
SO what do you do when you’re me and afraid of the general
public and corporate America, you keep trying and try to find a way to make
money? However I am finding this to be
more difficult then I thought it would be.
Apparently I am a bit strange and think differently than most people
with a strange unrealistic amount of optimism that I can do anything. Well maybe its because I have been through so
much I just don’t fear anything anymore.
I like working with startups, and I like taking my pills
(Adderall and Welbutrin still) and yet I fall asleep and feel zero motivation
to try harder or do something more. Is
it depression or boredom. I have no
problem working weekends or around the clock, a long as I can pick my kids up
from school and be home for dinner. I am
use to working all the time and stuff.
It is the way everything is these days.
Plus I hate having unopened email, or projects pending. I like and must finish projects right
away. But dealing with real live people
is not my thing. People seem to like me,
they seem nice, but really why would I want to spend time with people I have
nothing in common with, and I don’t know, cant relate to? I don’t want fame, I could care less if the
boss likes me, I just want to do my job and go home, or to the gym. I just want money to pay my bills and
travel. I have been told that my work product is
excellent and I have an amazing turnaround time on projects, but… But what is it, why cant I fit in, is it
because I don’t care about your Facebook friends or your Twitter posts, and why people follow the Kardashians
anywhere, what makes them so brilliant about politics? Seriously, I look at the world and the youth
and think, “White Trash” , but maybe I am getting old and just don’t get it
anymore.
So what do I do now, the hope of actually ever leaving my
own world of kids, shitty diapers and blogging has killed my soul, and sucked
any passion I once had out. I can only
dream as I watch porn that maybe I can do that again one day? Maybe running and working out will make the
20 something years olds notice me and carry me away to a better me a sexy me.
The me I see in the mirror who is still savvy and funny. But
then I remember I hated my 20s, I loved my 30s and then complicated it all with
kids and a relationship. I truly believe
the relationship has aged me more than the kids. I once wanted to do something that mattered
and then I woke up and realized we don’t change the world the world changes
us.
The skinny jeans, the overexposed youth who think it is
perfectly fine to put pictures of yourself drinking at party every night on the
web, the helicopter moms who think their 3 year old should have a say in his
bed time and discuss the rules. He is
three and like the president I do not negotiate with terrorist, think its classy or being famous on YouTube
for drunken behavior is cool, and I don’t think celebrities should talk about
serious issues effecting the nation.
They are paid to entertain us not lead our country, and over paid
completely.
I still believe that our teachers and mothers are
underappreciated and that women like me are underestimated, undervalued and not
given any credit for the fact my job is harder than any celebrity or CEO
because I deal with your judgment. The
judgment that a mother has wasted her college education, given up on her full
potential and cant do your job. The one
the CEO and VPs go to everyday to leave the dirty work to the mothers. Yes, I said it,…. I could do your job and do it better than
you, faster, and do it while I make lunch, wipe an ass, and discipline the 3
year old. I don’t need a special office
an assistant to schedule my lunch appointments, or someone to make copies for
me. I do it everyday, while I take
meetings and keep my 1-yesrold in check, pick up my 5 year old from school make
dinner, wash your panties, and tolerate you complaining about how you didn’t
get your way at work. I have zero
sympathy for those who drop their kids off, go to work, actually ave time to
shower and put on adult clothes. Guess
what when you catch me in my yoga pants un-showered and on the go, its because
I just handled my shit and produced a full complete book of written perfected spreadsheet, with
polices procedure, and the emails out with instructions to all your employees
of what to expect, and what the new rules are for, before you chocked down a third
cup of coffee. It we stop having
meetings about your accomplishments and how great you are, maybe skip the talk
about your ideas and not meet next Thursday about the meeting we just had,
maybe you could try and do my job, with 20 something interruptions and calls
while your holding a screaming child, with mute on so you can listen to the
narcissist on the other line tell you how their boss didn’t make them happy
today. I produce more work in one day
than a CEO puts out in a week. Honest managing
people is just about setting expectations, reminding the kids about the rules
and making sure they don’t spend all day on twitter, following Kim Kardashian
large ass.
I am sure some CEO or VP will read this and say she has no
clue what I do all day, what does she know anyway she is just a stay at home
mom with her little projects. EXACTLY
MOFO, welcome to my world. Your just a
CEO….
Don’t under estimate what people do and who they are, your
judgment and the ones you judge may be your boss tomorrow. But then again, what corporation would ever
higher me with my college degrees and everything. It would never work out, I am just a mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.