Today
the dream is gone. 07/08/2015
Sadly
my reality today and huge let down in the Tech World by a client I had to fire
this week. It's tough when men in tech treat you poorly but when a woman does
it to another woman it just hits me hard.
"In
a world where we’re all supposed to be ‘leaning in’ and supporting each other,
there are still women out there who don’t get it. “there is a special place in
hell for women who don’t help other women.” - Madeleine Albright
I
am reminded by these type of people, to remember to trust my gut and the fact I
can never be a CEO or Corporate manager.
I’m not a sociopath, with narcissistic tendencies that thinks I am above
the rules or law everyone else needs to follow.
I
actually believe in the rules and fairness.
I actually am honest and nice most the time to people and expect people
should do the same. But no they
continually prove that the book I once read “the sociopath next door” is serious accurate.
“Controlling
others—winning—is more compelling than anything (or anyone) else.” And “when
confronted with a destructive outcome that is clearly their doing, they will
say, plain and simple, “I never did that,” and will to all appearances believe
their own direct lie.” “I
am sure that if the devil existed, he would want us to feel very sorry for
him.” ― Martha Stout,
The Sociopath
Next Door: The Ruthless Versus the Rest of Us
These
are most the people I deal with, and seem to think it is perfectly fine to not
pay someone for work. After all in there
mind everyone should want to work for free for them, they should feel privileged
to be apart of their game. Not me I
don’t enjoy it and it usually takes me a week to see the reality of the
issues. Sometimes my gut tells me to
run! Run away fast! But I still want to
give them the benefit of the doubt. Why
would there be so many of these “types” of people leading Silicon Valley and
influencing our youth? Soon or later the
truth comes out. This women Ari Horie is
a complete fraud, she refuses to pay people and then takes $6000. To go shopping
for clothes. When someone disagrees with
her she says well I didn’t like them anyway and they will leave because they
are not qualified for the job. Little
does she forget two weeks ago she was raving to everyone about how wonderful
and qualified they were or sending gushing emails begging them to work with
her. Yes, it is everyone else in the
world not you, the fact no one wants to work with her and employees quit after
a month has nothing to do with her, its everyone else. And no one is on your
board for the corporation not because you a control freak and no one wants to
be around you, but the world is just out to get you, and nobody can do what she
does, right?
Sociopath…
The
real shame is as the book states the media and public admire these people until
they figure out what she is, but until then we are all victims. My dream of making money and having a career
after my kids is gone. I filed my claim
with the CA Dept of Labor for my wages she never paid and its now in their
hands. Maybe justice will be done maybe
not? The system is a funny thing.
I
just don’t have the stomach for this game anymore and I seem to be a magnet for
these types of people, I should quit now.
A friend a few years ago once told me I am a magnet for this crap
because I am the opposite and a truth teller so the universe needs me to expose
them or some hippy crap like that.
Really? I don’t think its anything more than what the books says “Stout says that as many as 4% of the
population are conscienceless sociopaths who have no empathy or affectionate
feelings for humans or animals. As Stout (The Myth of Sanity) explains,
a sociopath is defined as someone who displays at least three of seven
distinguishing characteristics, such as deceitfulness, impulsivity and a lack
of remorse. Such people often have a superficial charm, which they exercise
ruthlessly in order to get what they want.”
You
might be a sociopath if you think controlling everything all the time if fun,
refusing to pay people for their work is justified, you try to manipulate
everyone around you all the time, blame everyone for your problems, and then gossiping or spreading horrible
rumors about them when they disagree with you, after you have gone overboard a
few days prior to compliment them. I
personally refuse to trust someone how gushes with compliments for me after I
just met them. Or maybe I’m wrong and
the rest of the world is right. Who
knows…. Maybe its ass hat backwards world and the joke is on me.
Just
read the book, your world will make more sense if you can identify these
people. I think they all live in
California.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.