Friday, January 14, 2011

Being Naive is not the best thing for everyone. Current Day 2011



So my temper and anger fit has left me finally from the other day.

We are moving forward with the eviction of our tenant from one of the properties and getting rid of the property. It is amazing how I have to push my husband into sending the tenant a notice of default or 3 day notice when they don['t pay their rent. I am forever the bad guy and he is the nice one in the eyes of the public. I look at it as a fair situation. You don't pay your rent you don't get to live there. Simple right?
My husband wants to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and try to be nice. Who said I am being mean because I am enforcing the rules or obligations of their lease. This is not a friendship or a gray area. It is business and unfortunately my husband sucks at being the barer of bad news so I have to push him or do it myself.

It should be completed in a couple months, which will be great. It will free up a lot of cash and make our savings a little more cushion. Well at least that is what I am told. Honestly I am not sure some days if I should be concerned with the fact I do not have access to any of the bank accounts or direct knowledge of the finances. I really have no control over anything so I guess I will readdress that issue another day. What I do know is my husband is one of the smartest people I know when it comes to money. He is unbelievable, he has invested, saved, and is cheap as hell. I just have to push him when I want money.

I am starting to get better from my flu, and sleeping less again. The only issue now is my husband has been letting the baby sleep with him while I was sick. If you have kids then you know it is a tuff habit to get your kids out of after the habit has been made. I have fought this for months with my husband. The baby does not cry when I come in the room at night after he has woken up. He goes back to sleep because he knows better. The funny part is my husband blames me for the issue telling me that if he doesn’t keep him calm and wakes me I become upset from being woken up.
I love how it is my fault…
I am a bitch no matter what if you wake me up. Even if the Pope came over to bless me and woke me up I would throw something at his face. I am not happy in the morning either. I have been this way my entire life. So I told my husband to get some balls and man up. Do not use me as an excuse to let the baby sleep with you. It needs to stop or I will never have the bed to myself again.

I picked up the teenager today, it is my weekend and he started in the car with some crap his father told him. I really do try not to react, but the attitude and lies are horrifying. My son bless his heart at 15 years old does not know when he is being manipulated, he is Naive for 15 years old. He hates confrontation, he hates arguing, and if you mention the possibility of his father lying to him he looks like he is going to cry. We have been through this before so I just simply say the truth. Maybe when your older you will get it, but your 15 and that is that. I really want to scream and call him a shmuck but that would be bad. I do love my son, I just hate seeing him so Naive. His father will not allow him to take public transit, wont let him have a bank account, tells him what is best for him and why. My son told me he doesn’t want his driving permit yet because his father explained why he should wait. His father also explained to him why there is no need for a checking account or to go to college too. I guess we are different, I just think telling your kids the truth at this age and preparing them for the real world is a good thing, Keeping them in a bubble is not doing them or anyone else any favors.
Who knows maybe I am taking it personally because he has become such a daddy’s boy this year. Maybe I am reflecting on myself and how my parents kept me in the dark about life telling me love and faith will guide you. Blah Blah Blah…

I feel sorry for my son and the horrible reality he will face one day. Maybe he will remember one of our talks about investing your money, going to college, learning about the politics of the world and understanding government. Maybe he won’t maybe he will be just like his father. Stuck in high school doing the same thing with the same people the rest of his life. I really hope he doesn’t get stuck.

Well at least I have another child to mold my own way and maybe screw up without anyone else to blame but me. Hahaha.

So cheers to those parent who think making your kids Naive to the reality of the world. You are a better person than me for telling them that Love and Faith makes anything possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.