Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Something Positive/Current Day 2011
Toady was productive for the first time in a week…
I am trying to focus on the good today.
I am starting to recover from the flu and my dear friend was kind enough to send over some professional cleaners to clean my house for me.
Do my chores…
If you have boys then you know how messy a house can get without even trying. It was the best gift for being sick EVER!! I know it sounds strange to some. But being home sick with kids and having someone else scrub your toilets, get all the crumbs out of the toaster then vacuumed and everything else, it was magical for me.
I went to the grocery store to day and as I left after I put the baby in the car and turn around to hear a elderly man say “sweetheart I will take the cart”. I of course was relieved to not jut leave it in the parking lot. As the man walked closer to me he said I had the most beautiful Auburn Hair and how it reminded him of his wife when they first met over 70 years ago. He began to tell me the story of how they met. How they watched a flick with John Wane in it for the first time together. How she was a nurse and he was in the Military. He was glowing with the details of his wonderful wife, her beautiful Auburn hair and stories of their youth. He was a proud married man and wanted to share the joys of the multiple lives they have shared together as a couple, parents, grandparent and soon to be great grandparents. I then realized in all my frustration and anger over the last few days I forgot why I am here. This man reminded me. I want to be a grandmother I want to be a mother, I want to be a beautiful women with Auburn hair some old man tells a total stranger about one day. Maybe the details are not what I want right now but I need to remember why I am here. There is more good than bad most days.
The baby is doing great he is learning his baby sign language I have been teaching him and starting to communicate better with us. The teenager is coming back to me tomorrow so we will see what kind of mood he is in. My husband is busy with projects and trying to do what is right by me.
Our tenant in one of the our properties we have rented has decide to stop paying rent or was laid off. The timing is horrible since we are in the middle of remodeling the other property. We might have to let that property go and cut our losses. Sad but life. I would rather do it now than later but who knows what will happen.
Well that’s it in my boring life today I am hoping tomorrow will be more exciting or maybe I will get the courage to finish some old stories of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.