Friday, December 24, 2010

Normal Holidays/ Current 2010



I use to hate the holidays and a part of me tarts out every year by saying out loud “oh God here we go” the minute November rolls around.

This year I have loved every moment except the grocery store on Christmas Eve. I love being an Auntie and mother, the holidays are really just about the kids for me. They tend to make everything Magical.

Yesterday I spent baking and went to the store maybe 5 times.
I could not find my rolling pin then forgot cream, then was asked to get cheese, then… You get the idea.

During my journey through the Traders Joes the 3rd time I recalled a conversation I had with a stranger there one day. We randomly started talking about kids and how it is very difficult to have more than 2 in the Bay Area and afford a comfortable life for them. He then started in about how Mormons have 6 or more kids and I said yes they tend to crank them out. He laughed and said “well somebody should tell them it is not a clown car it is a Vigina.” I almost died of laughter and enjoyed the comment. Why strangers feel comfortable with being so open with me I will never know. I decided a long time ago I could enjoy it for what it is… Entertaining!

Yesterday a good friend and old LOVER called to chat about his life and we talked for some time. I do miss him and love him dearly. He seems to no matter what remains a part of my life and is one of the few people I can trust. It is easy I guess to be friends or whatever with him. That makes all the difference….

Lets see my mother is the same judgmental disapproving person she always is and will be. I am not sure why I speak to her anymore and I say that out loud every time I get off the phone with her. I just called to try and have a normal conversation and this is what I get… Her tone, and snide comments about my abilities as a parent are always negative. Sorry MOM not everyone is a 50s housewife like you. My mother has no desire to be educated, work, and never has been without her father or my father to take care of her. Harsh reality will hit when and if my father dies first. OH well, you can’t change people….

On a fun note,,,
The baby has discovered that his diaper pail makes things disappear?

Things are pretty normal around here, the baby is sleeping with his father, I am up and can’t sleep, the holidays are here and I can’t wait for the kids to see what Santa brought them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.