This after noon a women approached me in a grocery store and asked me to be involved with a food stamps scam.
Don’t get me wrong I am not shocked in any way shape or form. She stood really close behind me while I was picking up a cake in the bakery, I could feel her presence. I turned and almost bumped into her. My child was in the grocery cart so my first instinct was protecting him of course. Natural response when someone invades your personal space.
She immediately started in with “I want to buy your cake with my food stamps and you can give me cash.” I said no thanks, and she continued…
“Its not illegal, you can just use my card and then give me cash for the amount.”
I said I do not have cash, she then continued to push and suggest ideas.
I finally just told her I am paying with credit and do not have access to any cash funds. She said “ok” and left.
First of all people when running a scam no matter how big or small get to know your target.
Don’t just start in to the whole con right off the bat, try and have a conversation. Maybe complement me or tell me how cute my child is, then reveal something honest about yourself and build to what you want. Also never tell someone it is not illegal. That is a dead giveaway you are doing something you should not be doing.
I try and feel or have compassion for people in this position, it is a hard time out there. But really if she would have done her homework she would never of asked me for money. Then the whole embarrassing situation for her could have been avoided and her time not wasted.
It is like when the people at the bus stop use to ask me for money. REALLY? You’re asking someone in jeans and t-shirt taking a bus for money? If I had money to give I would be driving a nice car and not taking a bus, or at least be better dressed.
SO in the future people out there running scams or trying to pull one over on your fellow citizen, do it right make the effort to know your target and success may be yours…
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.