So it has been busy in my life. My therapist told me I need to start talking about the trauma in order to recover from it and move forward. That people with posttraumatic stress need to confront their trauma. I disagree, I have written about it I have relived it and all I want and need is to move forward. I want two days a week alone. I new windshield for my car, a vacuum that works, maybe the ability to support myself and not have to answer to anyone else. I want my independence, my focus and memory back and a moment once in while to relax.
I have done the research, you can look on line at many articles, and they recommend many things. The most being stability and they say…
I need to "reclaim my world." The client must create a future by re-learning how to live. The first step is learning to defend him/herself, learning to fight for what is important and to protect her/himself. Reconciliation with the self, identifying and appreciating what is positive about oneself while recognizing and accepting the negatives, follows. Then comes reconnecting with others -- becoming part of a community. Herman also recommends finding a survivor mission -- some work to add meaning to life.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Lewis_Herman
I fight everyday, I speak and ask for things I need and get zero support.
My husband thinks it is not possible and tells me “no” to basic needs all the time.
So I will try and start from the beginning, people can read and see for themselves. Some things you do not recover from, something’s are meant to stay in the past and you learn to live differently. Who is anyone to say what is normal or what I need. I know what I need and after 15 plus years of so-called “Trauma” I need time alone two days a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.